To add the date, time, page counter, etc. on your web page, or you want your web page to be a reader interactive slot, it is not an intimidating or complex task. Here I am going to describe in detail a very crucial thing you needed to know about.
Web scripting language an run time environment language is a computer programming language for adding arduous facilities to the World Wide Web pages. Web pages commemorated with HTML or XML file extension tags are largely changeless documents. Thus web scripting comes up with the solution as it allows the reader to add information to the web page.
- Characteristics: It is used for batch and interaction, Economy of Expression, Lack of declarations; simple scoping rules, Flexible dynamic typing, Easy access to other programs, Sophisticated Pattern matching, and High-level data types.
- Advantages of Web scripting languages: Easy to learn, fast editing, interactivity, functionality.
- Uses of Web scripting: System administration, Games application, and multimedia, Plugins and extensions for existing applications.
Client-side service language:
- It is one of the types of computer scripting languages in which source code is visible.
- It is to increase interactivity between the user which is the demand of time nowadays.
- It has a faster response time.
- Client-side language uses the technique in which web development in which script runs on clients' browsers.
- It depends on the browser and its version.
- It runs on the user's computer.
- Whilst it also has a drawback of no security for data.
- Here source code is not visible to the user as the output of the server-side is an HTML page.
- Any server-side technology runs on web servers.
- Its abilities are high customization, no response required, and it's access rights are based on the user.
- The Server-side uses scripts on the webserver to produce a response that is customized for each client's request.
- It gives more data security than client-side language.
For making a website or app coding there are three languages programming languages, scripting languages, and markup languages.
Difference between programming languages and Web scripting languages:
- Programming Languages are written code which is instructions given to the computers to perform any operation we demand and that is compiled to machine language(i.e. binary 0 and 1) so that computer interprets it and works accordingly.
- Whereas Scripting languages are a subcategory of programming languages.
- Scripting languages are used to create websites.
- Scripting languages don't need a compiler like programming languages it only needs to be interpreted.
- Scripting languages control other programs.
- Programming Languages are tedious and complex do understand, memorize, and execute and it needs to have complied, which then creates an executable file.
- On the other hand, Scripting languages are easy to learn, it does not have to be compiled and it not creates an executable file.
Here is the list of most popular on-demand programming languages which are the best example of scripting languages: