Want to build your next Android app, but not sure which programming language is best for you? or want to build your startup but various trends in the market left you in confusion at last. In this article, we will analyse the Best language android app development for your next application development project or business.
Android is the most popular operating system in the world. Developed by Google and is based on the open-source Linux operating system. Android is open source and any company or individual can download it and use it for their benefit. The Android operating system was originally created by Android Inc. for digital cameras and cell phones. Later on, Android Inc. was bagged by Google in 2005. Currently, there are around 2.5 billion Android smartphones users worldwide.
Due to having this huge number of users, competition is also high among the usage of their programming languages and working. Here we will analyse each language with their advantages and disadvantages based on their efficient use.
Today the first and the oldest language that comes to in anyone's mind for android development is Java. Java has been the main programming language for Android since the operating system was launched. Java was developed in 1995 by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems. Java is currently owned by Oracle Corporation.
- Java is a Object oriented programming language.
- Java provides APIs (application programming interfaces) for various activities such as database connections, networking, XML parsing, utilities, and more.
- Powerful open source software tools for fast development.
- And also have a large number of open-source libraries.
- Memory management in Java is very expensive.
- A lack of templates can prevent you from creating high-quality data structures.
Kotlin is a modern, secure, concise, object oriented programming language developed in 2011 by the software product company JetBrains. Kotlin programming language is used to build JVM, Android, browsers, and native applications. Kotlin is currently supported by Google within the Kotlin Foundation.
- Easy and short syntax, great for Android app developers.
- The Kotlin compiler aims to fail-fast whenever possible. This greatly simplifies troubleshooting and can even prevent them completely.
- The Kotlin compiler performs a lot of checks to avoid runtime errors and to reduce debugging costs and efforts.
- There is practically no community support.
- Android Studio beta version required for full support.
- A language that is versatile and flexible and can be used in many ways via Node.js.
- Faster on the client-side browsing and no compilation required.
- Clear to use and easy to use.
- No previously set standards and there is a lot of room for variety.
The C # language was developed by Anders Hejlsberg at Microsoft and introduced in 2000. C # is a modern, simple, flexible, secure, open-source object oriented programming language. C # is one of the most flexible programming languages in the world.
- With C #, a developer can build any application, including Windows clients, consoles, web applications, mobile applications, and backend systems.
- It's fast, easy to use and quick to implement.
- Simple, modern and generic language.
- Hard and complex language for new students.
- Create confusions, even if even there is a small mismatch among letters as case sensitive property.
Python has become one of the most popular programming languages in recent times. Python was developed in 1991 by Guido van Rossum and is a general high-level open-source object oriented programming language.
When developing applications for Android, Python is used to create libraries, functions, and processing tasks.
Some very famous applications that build in python are YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Supports multiple systems and platforms.
- Object oriented Programming (OOP).
- Improve the programmer's performance.
- Allows easy scaling even for the most complex applications.
- Extensive support library
- Not very good with modern mobile app development.
- Not a good choice for memory-intensive tasks.
- There are several deficiencies in accessing data.
- Slow execution time.
I wish there was an easier way than all of the above languages, but there isn't. We still have a variety of options to suit your knowledge level and preferences. So what are you waiting for? Immerse yourself in programming language idiocy and choose the best that ideal for you or your job.
I hope this article has helped you with the information that you seeking for. If yes then share this among your friends and colleagues. Want to ask anything? Let me know in the comment section below!
Image Source: Google Images