Today in this article we gonna discuss about the zoom's rivilary google-meet new rolling out noise cancellation feature and it's other key features which may help you to choose your best conferencing tool.
What is google-meet ?
Google-meet is a video conferencing tool and is making enterprise-grade video conferencing available to everyone for free. Google Meet comes free with your G Suite subscription for unlimited video conferencing or free to everyone for meetings up to 60 minutes long (up to 24 hours per meeting through Sept. 30, 2020). This program is pretty basic but has all the collaboration tools you'll need to conduct productive meetings.Google meet free package allow you to add 100 internal or external participants.
Businesses, schools, and other organizations can take advantage of advanced features, including meetings with up to 250 internal or external participants and live streaming to up to 100,000 viewers within a domain.
Key Feature :-
- Unlimited number of meetings, in google meet you can connect with anyone - coworkers, clients, classmates and can invite upto 100 participants in a meeting. To join the meeting for free you will need to sign in with a google account to join the meeting.
- Live captioning during meetings ,follow along in real time with the automated live captioning powered by google's speech recognition technology.
- Google meet is also compatible across all devices. Join a meeting from your laptop/desktop ,android or iphone/ipad.
- Controls for meeting hosts, anyone(host) can easily pin, mute, or remove the participants. For privacy reasons you cannot unmute another person .
- Screen sharing with participants, this features is similar to that of zoom or of google hangout. Here through this feature you can present your entire screen or an application window to share presentations or collaborate on documents.
- Free additional Call-ins : For those who can't join via video, Google supports call-ins. Unlike most other video conferencing programs, including Zoom, Google Meet doesn't require an additional add-on, nor does it charge additional fees for participants to call in.
- Google-meet's amazing chatbox : Meets lets you share documents, images, and files through the chat feature of your meeting room. You can upload files from your desktop or share them directly from your Google Drive.
- Record and save meetings : If anyone want its G-suite account to record and store the meetings. A basic G-Suite package starts at $6 per person per month and lets you host meetings with 100 people. In addition to Meet, your G Suite account gives you access to more business apps, like shared calendars and Forms, plus 30GB of cloud storage.This is much more the zoom app gives to its user.
- G Suite bussiness and enterprise account previlidges : It doesn't give you too many more apps or previlidges, but it does let you invite 150 and 250 participants, respectively. These packages also give you unlimited cloud storage space, and this is helpful when recording and saving your video chats for later.This also shows that google meet gives much more than the zoom app. I mean unlimited cloud storage, this is insane!!
- Exciting feature : (1). Google Meet is a featured program available to anyone with a G Suite account. Launching your meeting is really straight forward and invites are sent through email. You can easily tap into your Gmail contact list to invite colleagues to join you, or add contacts directly through Meet. (2). If recipients have a Google account, the meeting is automatically added to their calendar and reminders set. (3). You can also create additional rooms so multiple meetings can be held at the same time. These can also be used as breakout rooms for more in-depth collaboration on important topics or team-building exercises.
- Anti-abuse feature on by default : Google Meet employs an array of anti-abuse measures to keep your meetings safe, including anti-hijacking features and secure meeting controls. It also supports multiple 2-step verification options including security keys.
Google meet rolls out its new noise cancellation update.
Google has been testing a new feature on its video teleconferencing platform and google-meet for more than over a year, the company seems to have finally started rolling out the new feature to users. The search giant introduced a noise cancellation feature on Google Meet which filters background noise.
Noise cancellation feature makes google meet application stand different from zoom app.
According to a report by VentureBeat, the new noise cancellation feature is being rolled out to G Suite users. Since, it is being rolled out in phases, the feature might land on most accounts by the end of this month.
The new feature uses ArtificiaI Intelligence to detect noise from speech and filter it to provide a better on-call experience.
How it happens?
The noise cancellation feature uses a machine learning model that is capable of understanding the difference between noise and speech. The entire process of filtration or noise cancellation happens through google cloud computing process.
The user’s voice is sent from the device to a Google data centre, where it goes through the new machine learning model to suppress surrounding noise like dog barking, ceiling fan noise and keystrokes as you take meeting notes. Once the processing is completed, it gets re-encrypted and sent back to the Google Meet call.
Noise cancellation will begin rolling out in the coming weeks to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers starting with web users and later to mobile users.
Conclusion :- Which is best?
Zoom and Google Meet have close to the same features and tools available, which is important for those working from home or in the office.
- Google Meet is a little more convenient because it comes with every G Suite account, which several businesses already have available to its employees.
- But you can also use Meets with a personal Google account for free. You will just be limited to 60-minute meetings and won't be able to record and save meetings for later.
- Google Meet is also the better program if you have participants that need to call in rather than join via video because Google doesn't charge an additional call-in fee.
Overall, Google is more cost-effective.
Zoom is the best option for setting up video meetings in a conference room. This is because it integrates with conferencing equipment to allow a lot more participants to join without having them tap in from individual devices while allowing up to 500 devices to stream the meeting at once.
- Though it has a free package available, you are limited in features including how long you can hold individual meetings.
- You also can't record and save your meetings with the Zoom free account. Paid accounts give all the features and tools you need, but it ends up costing much more than Google Meet.
In this neck-to-neck rivilary of zoom and google-meet application, both the applications are giving it's best to their users.Choosing anyone between them is difficult, but I think google-meet application with the new voice reduction feature and its cost effectiveness is giving it a upper hand over the zoom application. So one should go with google meet application.