With the progress of the world, many new changes are being made in technology. One such change being made, is the transition of cars slowly from fuel ones to electric ones. Due to the recent destruction of the environment from human activities, it was about time to start taking steps to curb the problems of pollution. Electric cars do not cause pollution as they do not run on fuels. They function on electricity, their batteries are rechargeable, they can accelerate much faster and are hence feel very light to drive.
Here is a list of top ten electric cars from around the world –
1. Tesla Model S – With a range of 402 miles, the Tesla Model S is the latest model launched by Tesla in the field of electric cars. The car has a stunning design and speed. It can go from 0 to a speed of 60 mph in just 2.3 seconds. The car has a cutting edge finish and ample space for cargo and passengers. It has voice commands, a wi-fi hotspot, quite a big touchscreen, Tesla autopilot and many exciting features.
2. Tesla Model 3 – Tesla Model 3 surpasses even the Model S when it comes to popularity. Although it is not as efficient as model S, yet it is the most popular electric car. It has a range of 322 miles. It has a luxurious design and comes with a lot f features such as a wi-fi hotspot, 15-inch touchscreen, and several active safety features. Its acceleration is also very good.
3. Jaguar I-Pace – Jaguar I-Pace is one of the classiest electric cars out there. The car has a great finish and has ample of space. The inside of the car is very luxurious and has a smart display and a panoramic sunroof. Its range is up to 234 miles. The safety systems are also quite up to the mark.
4. Tesla Model Y – The Tesla Model Y comes with a range of 319 miles. Th car is very efficient and has several high-tech features. Its price although seems to be very high for its performance. However, Tesla says that it will lower the car’s price in the future. It has a 15-inch touchscreen, a built-in dashcam, side collision warning, and other brilliant features.
5. Chevrolet Bolt – Chevrolet Bolt is an electric hatchback that got its features upgraded in 2020. The car is very well suited for long drives. It has a range of 259 miles. The car is also very spacy and is very well appreciated for its driver assisting systems. It also has a regenerative braking paddle.
6. Kia Niro EV – The Kia Niro EV is an electric model of the Kia Niro version. It has a range of 239 miles and a 64 kWh battery. The battery as a result is quite efficient and gives a great acceleration. The car is also very spacious, has roomy seats, and very advanced safety features. It also has pedestrian detection and automatic emergency braking.
7. BMW i3 – The new BMW i3 is one of the costliest short-range electric cars available today. Its maximum range is up to 153 miles. Its design and interior are also very extravagant. The interior is actually quite unique as it is made from recycled, sustainable materials. It also has a lot of advanced features and a quick acceleration.
8. Hyundai Kona – The Hyundai Kona offers some of the best warranties in the field of electric cars. It has a range of up to 258 miles. It has a 7-inch touchscreen, Android auto, and infotainment system. It also has many features that make driving easier.
9. Nissan Leaf – Nissan Leaf is also one of the most worldwide sold electric cars of all time. It has a range of 226 miles. It has a six-way manually adjustable seat for the driver. The car is very spacious. Has a rear cross-traffic alert and lane departure warning. The car has an 8-inch touch screen. It also got a significant amount of power and torque.
10. Mini Cooper – Mini Cooper does not come with a long-range. Its range is up to 110 miles. It is also one of the cheapest electric cars a person can buy. The car has a luxury cabin space and a decent finish. The car is also very famous for its unique design. The front and back are great to look at. It also has several features for the driver. It has quite a decent acceleration.
There are still many new innovations being made in the field of electric cars. We will continue to see many advanced models in the future.