After the 'ban' of PUBG( Player Unknown's Battlegrounds) Mobile in India, the game is all set to make its comeback real soon, named PUBG Mobile India, especially for the Indian market. The ban of PUBG Mobile led the game developer nCore Games to launch India's own combat game named FAU-G( Fearless And United-Guards), and they also shared FAU-G teaser and trailer on their Twitter accounts.
Graphics and gameplay
With lively graphics and gameplay of PUBG Mobile, the special version is on works for players of India. Although most of it will remain unchanged, there will be some updates on the costumes befitting the Indian sensibilities. Whereas, FAUG game's graphics have received a mixed response. The FAU-G will have Brawler gameplay mechanics and the use of melee weapons with guided maps and enemy camps to defeat. According to the reports, it is a third-person shooter game. In FAU-G's cinematic trailer, the gameplay and weapons are not shown. Talking about the modes, the creator of the game Vishal Gondal specified that there will be a Galwan Valley mode, which is a single-player as well as a multiplayer mode of the game.
Both PUBG Mobile India and FAU-G has started their pre-registrations on the TapTap app, where 135218 Pre-registrations are done for FAU-G. However, PUBG hasn't yet revealed its pre-registration process on the PUBG Mobile India website.
For the pre-registrations of the PUBG and FAU-G mobile India, here are the steps to follow:
- First, Download the TapTap app through an APK link by clicking on the TapTap website.
- Login or create a new TapTap account to start using it.
- After logging in, search for PUBG Mobile India or FAU-G in the search option and click on the game.
- Now, click on the ‘pre-registration’ option.
Other reports suggest that TapTap is a Chinese App store, and it's unlikely to release the FAU-G game there, so that concludes that the pre-registration is happening in a phased manner.
Following the wave of self-sufficiency, the combat game, FAU-G is expected to be available on Play stores on November 26th, 2020 as shared by Vishal Gondal on Twitter. Whereas, there is no definite date revealed by the developers of PUBG Mobile India, which is likely to be available in playstore at the beginning of 2021.
Privacy and security
PUBG Corporation emphasized the privacy and security issue by sharing that Indian player's data is a top priority for them, and the company will conduct regular audits and verifications on the storage systems holding Indian user's personally identifiable data to strengthen security and make sure that their data is securely handled.
What people have to say?
- One group of people are appreciating this initiative of self-sufficiency and promoting India's own FAU-G game and some are also planning to say goodbye to the PUBG Mobile. The other group is targetting the gameplay and graphics of the game. Many were excited after seeing the first look of the FAU-G but seem disappointed when saw the trailer.
- People also pointed out the creation of cheaper versions of foreign apps like Tooter copied from Twitter, FAU-G from PUBG, Sharekaro from Shareit, TakaTak from TikTok, and JioBroweser from UCBrowser and mocked developers for not coming up with original ideas. People suggested encouraging innovation than copying foreign apps and selling them in the name of Swadeshi Product.
- And amidst all this, the launch dates of both the games are also a subject of debate. People are calling the launch of FAU-G before the PUBG Mobile India, 'a strategy of the Government to make much revenue, which probably will not happen if PUBG releases before.'
- After the Indian government banned multiple Chinese apps, PUBG Mobile India is coming back, better than before for the Indian players as PUBG India Private Limited became a legit company in India, after being approved by the Ministry of Corporate affairs.
Image source: gamespredator.com