Android is an operating system designed specifically for smartphones and tablets. It is an open-source software wherein the source code is released under the regulation that the holder can allow the users to change, examine, or provide the software to others. People are allowed to innovate and try new things. Android is as of now the worldwide highest selling operating system for mobiles with touchscreens and tablets. Android is basically the reason why you are able to enjoy so many wonderful features on your smartphones such as, how your GPS can show you the best possible route and avoid traffic in specific areas.
Advantages of Android
Android has some very good advantages. They are the reason why their demands are growing day by day. Some of them are as follows –
1. An open-source platform – The main advantage of Android is that it is open source. There is no distribution and development fee being charged. You can even interact with the Android community as it is very helpful and learn about the new upcoming expansions and upgrades. This proves very advantageous even for the developers.
2. Multitasking – Android is very easy to work with when it comes to multitasking. You are able to perform a number of tasks at the same time. You can listen to music while browsing through some stuff on the internet.
3. A wide range of mobile phones – Unlike IOS which is available only on the iPhone from Apple, Android is available on a wide range of mobile phones by different manufactures. So, if you feel like one manufacturer is costly then you can turn to another with lower rates. You can also choose your favorite brand as a lot of companies are using Android now.
4. Replaceable battery – Another fabulous feature of Android is that its battery can be replaced. You do not need to buy a new phone in most of the cases. The batteries are removable and can be changed. They do not require a costly upgrade like Apple.
5. Provides more app choices – Another reason why Android is better than iPhone is that it provides more app choices. There are certain apps which the iPhone does not allow but they are allowed on Android. This provides people with more accessibility.
6. Notifications – Android provides you the ease of notifications as in you will not be able to miss any message, call, or any other important information that you allowed notifications for.
7. Widgets – Android provides you with widgets that allow to gain access to several settings quickly.
8. User friendly – Apple has certain restrictions such as a mandatory iTunes interface and the downloaded content be only played on Apple devices. This restricts the sharing process. However, Android allows sharing on any platform. Hence, it is more user friendly.
Latest News and Features from Android
1. The Google Play Console can be used for managing the old apps, keeping a check on their performance, and upload some other new apps by Android enthusiasts and developers.
2. TensorFlow Lite is now there for Android. It can let the users introduce advanced machine learning into their works. This works great for enhancing performance. It can even extend an app’s potential and capabilities.
3. Android Studio 4.1 was just launched recently, bringing a lot many useful features for the creators in Android. It has an embedded emulator, a database inspector, a dagger navigation support, and many other features.
4. New apps will now be tasked with targeting the Android App Bundle format and also target API level 30 or above.
5. Unity offers a new content delivery service for Android creators. It is the first CDN to be designed from the ground up for game development.
I Hope, we’ll see some more exciting features from Android soon.