Today, the world is moving to the automation of things. People prefer devices, for performing the task with less effort, over the traditional methods of putting effort into the completion of a task. Devices are invented which can share data among themselves for producing useful information or result. Such devices are designed to share data from one device to another through the internet using sensors embedded on it and are known as the Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Different software is used for controlling IoT devices and other technologies such as real-time analytics and machine learning are also applied for its better performance. The interconnection of IoT devices helps organizations in performing the task at a lesser time which leads to cost reduction. The data produced by the IoT devices are used by the companies and helps in better analysis and decision making, which benefits in developing the most effective business strategy.
Boodskap platform is a complete IoT infrastructure where you can plug and play any kind of hardware / sensors into its message gateways to start processing the messages into the system.
IoT devices are occupying its place in everyone's heart, but initially, it also possesses some aspects that are to be tackled for its better utilization with the hope of achieving its highest potential. So let's discuss the advantages and disadvantages of IoT devices for better understanding.
- Better Communication - Since the devices are interconnected, as they pursue machine to machine communication, it leads to lesser inefficiencies and better quality.
- Time-Saving - It enables faster response and performs the task at a lesser time.
- Automation - IoT devices are connected through wireless infrastructure, which enables the devices to perform automatically by itself and human interventions are not required.
- Useful Information - A large number of Informations as the output of such devices can be used for analysis and decision making which can help for developing business strategies.
- Cost Saving - Since IoT devices perform faster and avoid human intervention, it reduces the cost for the company.
- Complex in nature - Since IoT device is interconnected with many other devices, the problem of arising any technical issue may lead to serious consequences. It may take more time to identify the problem and fix the bug.
- Issue of Compatibility - IoT devices include devices from different manufacturing companies, which may result in affecting its work performance and tagging the other devices due to its lack of compatibility. Technical issues may arise.
- Reduces Employment - IoT devices replace the small works, performed by humans for their living, which will lead to a rise in unemployment.
- Control Over Humans - Technology is gradually taking control over humans. People are depending on devices for even small purpose. Now, it is quite impossible for imagining our life without technology.
IoT Applications on Different Fields
- Wearables - It consists of devices that help for monitoring Human heart rate, pulse rate, oxygen level, glucose level, etc. It also includes a smartwatch.
- Smart Home - IoT devices are used along with Artificial Intelligence for setting up a smart home. The appliances in the home can be controlled with a device or remote without any human effort.
- Health Care - IoT can help medical science for converting reactive medical-based system to a proactive wellness-based system. The current way of medical science only works on the old data and volunteers for performing medical tests, whereas, IoT can help to open more sources for data analysis, real-time field data, and testing.
- Agriculture - There is a need to focus on the agriculture of our world, to feed our upcoming generation, and improve the system. IoT helps in the greenhouse for setting the requirement according to the plants such as the climatic changes and other parameters. It helps to gather deep knowledge about the crops.
- Industrial Development - Industrial sector requires IoT, as it needs faster development from production to marketing practices. It helps Industries for enhancing its performance. It ensures inventory management, product flow monitoring, safety and security, quality control packaging, logistics, and supply chain optimization.
Some Existing IoT Devices
- Amazon Echo - Voice Controller
- Nest Cam - Indoor and Outdoor Camera
- Mr. Coffee - Smart Coffeemaker
- Smart Mat - Intelligent Yoga mat
- TrackR bravo - Tracking device
- Awair - Smart air quality monitor
- Nest Protect - Smoke and CO Detector
- Sync Smartband - Activity Tracker
- Hydrawise - Smart Irrigation Controller
- Kinsa - Smart Thermometer
Future of IoT Devices
This technology is growing rapidly and is expected to be the most common technology in every field by the next decade. The automation of things will create much ease for people with a busy schedule to handle small works without any human effort. Dependence on IoT devices will increase at a high pace and the complexity may reduce in the future with a promise of bright success and maintained high working potential. Standard of living will increase even more in the future with the growth of IoT devices. Effective business prospects will be implemented and comfort in the workplace will be increased. Fear of using self-working devices would be reduced from the human mind.