With the continuous advancement and evolution of technology, everything boils down to our smartphones. We can control everything just by using our fingertips and a medium to connect all our devices. You would question,
"What is IoT? What does it do?" To answer your question, these are devices that work via the internet and have an easy connection. The internet creates connectivity and enables the user to use his/her phone to control these devices. It has a single control hub for every control and can design a smart home as well. Doesn't it sound fancy?
Now we know what IoT is, but what goes behind developing it? You must've heard about the Raspberry Pi and Arduino, so these are small, manually developable computers used for the development of IoT. A developer can use these devices for IoT software and hardware development. Enough with the nerdy stuff, now that we've talked about the gadget used for its development, we can focus on devices made using IoT.
The latest IoT device that you can have in every house are the following:
- Amazon Echo
- Google Home
- Sensor Lights
- Smart Refrigerators
- Fitness Tracker
- Biometric Security
- Smart bicycle
These are a few smart IoT devices that connect to the internet and transmit data through it. So basically, any device that can connect to the internet and has sensors to send data is considered a useful IoT device.
Amazon Echo/ Google Home/ Siri-
- These are the virtual voice assistants that help you to coordinate all the devices and can even set tasks for the user. Give your virtual assistants a command, and they're good to go. These can control the thermostats of the home, the TV, lights, media, basically anything that you can connect to the internet.
- Call them the future lights or one of the smart IoT devices. These are the new cool devices that you can fashion in your walls. These have sensors in them that transmit the information and lights up the bulb. It is one of the most talked-about and latest IoT devices out there.
- AKA smart watches, you must've heard about these, and most of you even own one of these. So how do they work? Even they have sensors and can connect to your smartphones. How? Through the internet. These Fitbit smart watches are one of the best IoT devices which you can have for yourself. They track your health and keep you updated about it.
- Sounds like a dance form. Well, it does perform like that, but it's an automated vacuum cleaner that will analyze your house area and move accordingly. You have to set it in your smartphones, and then you're ready to go. You'd be doing your daily chores, and Roomba will clean the entire house for you. If that isn't efficient, then what is?
- You can hook up your bike to your smartphones and computers and control them. It is one of the latest IoT devices that is being developed rapidly and might change the entire bike game. Everyone is excited about this smart IoT device, which is very easy to use and work-friendly.
These were some of the useful IoT devices that we can have in our daily lives. These devices will make our life much more comfortable and bring us one step closer to the future. I guess we are ready for the future now.