India is a densely populated country where 50% of the population are under the age of 25 which is half the population of country and certainly the craze of gaming are only seen in the people of this age and this population factor is certainly not a misfortune.
ONLINE GAMING MARKET IN INDIA
Online gaming is still on a developing stage or catch-up stage in India but certainly not in a underdeveloped stage. The market value of online gaming in India is $295 million and it is expected that the market value will be increased to $1 billion by 2021.
CLOUD GAMING IN INDIA
Unlike physical installation of games from different websites or software stores cloud gaming is an internet streaming which delivers game directly to your device, this works the same way like Netflix/Amazon prime/ you tube. Most of the gamers have adopted the idea of cloud gaming in India but this can widely adopted only if there is availability of high speed internet. But there are various advantages of cloud gaming like:
- Cloud gaming enables instant game play.
- Cloud gaming is platform independent that means it can work on Linux, mac, iOS, other software as well.
- It is easy to access games here.
- Cloud gaming requires no console that is the reason multiple device can be connected to it at a time just like a Netflix account
- Cloud gaming provides access to multiple games at a time.
- There are various other advantages of cloud gaming also. In India there are various cloud gaming platforms.
- Microsoft Azure cloud games is available, this also provides 12 months of free streaming.
- Recently on Sept 2020 Nevedia launched its own game service called Ge Force.
- Facebook on Oct 2020 launched cloud gaming but for now it is not focusing on AAA title and exclusive games.
- Other cloud gaming services on Google, Vertex, and Shadow are also available.
India seems to be a fertile test bed to be the next big market online gaming in the world the reason being its explosive emergence and input.
ANALYSIS OF CLOUD GAMING MARKET IN INDIA
In the coming years the casual gamers would have highest growth in the cloud gaming market.It is estimated that the Indian cloud gaming market could reach USD 3,107 million by 2024 at CAGR of 59%.This is due to various factors, the first one is the youth population and the increase in number Of internet users and easy accessibility of internet along with the start of commercialization of network.
AFFORDABILITY OF CLOUD GAMING IN INDIA
- Cloud gaming is still a new scenario for Indian gaming society. So, a lot of them are still in early stages. And the affordability somewhere depends on the usage if the usage is more price can be decreased but if the usage is less price can be more so it all depends on the consumer as well as the supplier i.e. the cloud gaming infrastructures.
- The cafe or gaming parlors are the places where users pay for the number of hours they spend gaming they give a amount either Rs.250 or Rs.300 per month some even make it for Rs.25 per day.
- Some of the cloud gaming initially stream free for some months or days but later charge for money.
Seeing all this factors we can now understand that YES, India can be amongst the top big markets of cloud gaming .It has a great future ahead along with other technological developments in the country.