Within fifteen years of the launch of Facebook, many new social media sites have emerged which are competing with each other for the user base. So here we will discuss the seven most popular networking sites of 2020.
- Mainly used by teenagers and young adults especially in the USA, Instagram occupies the top position being the most popular networking site.
- This social media giant is owned by Facebook created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in 2010 for the iOS system.
- Later it was also opened for android operating systems in April 2012 and an app for Windows in 2016
- It allows users to share media and edit them by using filters and by using hashtags and geographical tagging. It has also messaging facilities.
- In 2020 it has recently added Reels to itself which allows users to make short videos of a few seconds.
- After its launch in 2010, Instagram rapidly gained popularity, with one million registered users in two months, 10 million in a year, and 1 billion as of May 2019. In April 2012, Facebook acquired the service for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock. As of October 2015, over 40 billion photos had been uploaded.
- The most followed personality is Cristiano Ronaldo as of early 2020.
- It is an American social media network that is based in the state of California.
- It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with the help of Harvard students and roommates.
- The founders initially for Harvard students and then extended by Ivy Leagues.
- Currently, it has over 2.5 billion monthly users who are regularly active.
- Facebook can be accessed from devices with Internet connectivity, such as a personal computer, mobiles, and tablets. After registering, users can create a profile revealing information about themselves. They can post text, photos, and multimedia which is shared with any other users that have agreed to be their "friend", or, with different privacy settings with any reader. Users can also use various embedded apps, join common-interest groups, buy and sell items or services on Marketplace, and receive notifications of their Facebook friends' activities and activities of Facebook pages they follow.
- Facebook has been subjected to numerous controversies such as user privacy, political manipulation, content such as fake news, etc.
- YouTube is a video sharing platform where users watch over billion hours in a single day!
- To get started you need to create an account on this social media site and then you can add self-created videos and gain popularity.
- It became the second most popular search engine after Google very recently.
- It is also a great advertising website which increases the reach and popularity of your products.
- It caters to many options from ten-minute crafts, cooking videos, motivational videos, songs, vlogging, a live stream of games and movies.
- WhatsApp Messenger, or is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice-Over-IPs(VoIP) service owned by Facebook Inc
- It allows users to send text messages and voice messages make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
- In January 2018, WhatsApp released a standalone business app targeted at small business owners, called WhatsApp Business, to allow companies to communicate with customers who use the standard WhatsApp client.
- It has become the primary means of electronic communication in multiple countries and locations, including Latin America, the Indian subcontinent, and large parts of Europe and Africa.
- It was founded by Brian Acton and Jan Koum former employees at Yahoo.
- Twitter is an American microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as "tweets". Registered users can post, like, and retweet tweets, but unregistered users can only read them.
- Twitter, Inc. is based in San Francisco, California, and has more than 25 offices around the world. Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters but were doubled to 280 for non-CJK languages in November 2017.
- It has been described as the"SMS of the internet"
- It has been estimated that Twitter has about 330 million users active monthly.
- It has a moreover political presence where all big government leaders update about their plans and connect to the general public.